Monday, December 10, 2018

Prancing Through the Snow by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

Fifteen days until Christmas!  Are you ready?  I love making Christmas cards and these sweet reindeer from the Sleigh Bells set are so adorable!



I used my MISTI and stamped the reindeer pair twice with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then blended some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide onto the background with a Ranger Distress Blending Brush.  I used alcohol markers (listed below) to color the reindeer.

Then I got really brave!  I penciled in a line for the ground and once I was satisfied I used my Micron .005 black pen to very lightly draw over the pencil line.  I used two Copic markers (N2 and BG000) to color in some shadows and make it appear more like snow.  I then added some Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle.   For me, that drawing was pretty scary after having colored the reindeer!  I think it turned out pretty good!

Once the coloring was done, I used Ai's Rectangle Double Stitched Dies to cut the top panel.  I layered that onto some red paper from my stash and popped it up onto some pretty silver sparkly card stock.  I also stamped one of the sentiments from the set and used a tag die to cut it out.  I tied some bakers twine onto the tag and added snowflakes from Ai's Snowflake Dies that I cut out with glitter paper.

For the inside, I used another sentiment from the set and also the snowflake stamp.  The snowflakes are stamped in some pretty silver ink.



Here's a final angled shot that shows a bit of the sparkle and shine!


These sweet reindeer really make a fun Christmas card!  Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful, crafty week!



Copic markers:
E79, E25, E53, E33, E23, E30, R27, R17, R14, YG06, YG09, BG000, N2
Spectrum Noir markers:
IG5, IG8, IG9, Blender

No comments: