Wednesday, January 23, 2019

It's Not The Years It's The Mileage by Niccole Kulig

Hello Ai fans!

Today I am sharing with you a card from the set 5044 - Born To Ride. This set is so fun and versatile.  It a great set for the men in your lives.


I wanted to leave a little to the imagination of the person receiving the card, so the focal point is on the inside of the card. I started off by stamping the tire marks across the bottom of the page.  I added Vroom! just above the tracks.  I stamped that in green so it would stand out.  To frame the card I did not have any matching card stock so I used my Copics to color around the edge of the card to have it match the Vroom! sentiment. I added a few green jewels to match the green on the card as well.  

Now for the inside of the card ...


I used the sentiment from 5044 - Born to Ride and 
I also used the Happy Birthday from the set - 5046 - Meerkat
 For the Happy Birhtday I only used part of the stamp.  When I inked up my stamp I used masking tape to cover up the "from the Meerkat" so no ink would get on it, removed the making tape and then stamped the sentiment from there. As you can see above I colored my man on the lawnmower with Copics. 

 I thought he would go perfect with an action wobble, almost like he was moving or should I say "MOWING" haha.  You can get the action wobbles in a 6 pack, 12 pack, 48 pack, or even a pack of 100. You can get regular wobbles which are 1.25" x 1.5" but I used the mini wobbles which are 11/16" x 13/16", so basically the size of a nickle, for my guy. I love how much character they give an image or scene.

I finished him off with a small hill at the bottom of my card. I used Lucky Clover Distress Oxide ink. I absolutely love how this birthday card turned out. Thank you so much for stopping by, see you next week with something new!

Copics used:
Shorts, Hat, & Shoes - B14, B16, & B18
Wheels, Grill, Deck, & Steering Wheel - C1, C3, C5, C7, & C9
Skin & Hair - E00, E23, E55, E57, & E77
Shirt & Socks - G40, G43, & G94
Lawnmower - R35, R37, & R39
Gloves & Seat -Y13, Y15, Y17, & Y19

Until next time ...



No comments: