Friday, March 29, 2019

Color Changing Slider with Sweet Easter Set By Jessica Shier



Hello Ai Fans!

Today I'm showing you the slider card I made using the Sweet Easter set in combination with the Slider die. I thought it would be fun to mix it up and make this a color changing slider. Just a few additional cuts made this pretty easy to assemble together. 



To start with I die cut a piece of kraft cardstock with the Art Impressions Slider die. For this you will also need some acetate for the window and Staz-on ink to stamp on that clear slick surface. I trimmed the acetate down to 17/8'' x*4  5/8''. This will fit just inside of the slider so that the edges can be glued. I also used those same measurements to trim a piece of 80lb Neenah Solar white cardstock which is what I stamped and colored the bunnies on. I was going for a robin's egg blue with the shells and added splotches with a white gel pen. 

I used a stamp positioning tool to stamp the bunny images evenly and in the same places on both the acetate and Neenah 80lb cardstock. The acetate I used the Staz-on and on the Neenah I stamped the images with Amalgam ink. Then I started coloring the bunnies on the Neenah cardstock with Copics, colors I used listed below.


For the background I ink blended several Distress Inks over Neenah cardstock in soft spring colors. I blended the Pumice Stone distress ink over the top of the colored cardstock through a stencil that reminded me of a basket weave. One dry I splattered it with the Gansai Tambi Starry Colors watercolor in champagne.

I also did a lot more die cutting. I used a grass border die and colored it green with Distress Ink. The sentiment is from the Sweet Easter set and is die cut with the Flag Double Stitched die, using the double end flag and trimming it to fit. The most die cuts I used is for the polka dot banner. Easily made by die cutting the dotted paper with the second to smallest Banner Double Stitched die 6 times.


I glued the acetate bunnies to the inside top of the slider pocket, centered it with the colored version of the bunnies and attached that underneath. Leaving enough room to for a cut to fit inside which is long enough to grab a hold of to make the slider work. I attached a black piece of ribbon to the end with the tiny attacher stapler. 



Copic Colors used:
C7, C5, C3, C1
W3, W1, W0
E81, E35, E31
BG78, BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10, BG09
B02, B00
G17, YG03, RV11

Alright that is it from me guys! Thank you so much for stopping by today. Happy Stamping!




1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

I just love the affect you get from this style of card! Awesome, Jessica!!