Friday, May 3, 2019

Heard It's Been Ruff | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

Today I'm sharing this card I made using the Doggie Kisses set but focusing more on using those smaller stamps. I've been trying to write down color combinations that interest me and this one uisng; Coral, Blue, Mustard, Lavender and Gray really captured my attention, so I knew I had to make something using those specific hues.


I started off with cutting the oval in the center using the Double Stitch Oval dies. The one I used is one of the smaller sizes that comes in the set, but I wanted something that would just barely show the dog. Luckily clear stamps make it very easy to see how things will look before you stamp and die cut!

To stamp the bandage, I used several Gina K Inks in the colors mentioned above, exact colors listed below. I do stamp in clusters and in threes at first then fill in from there. Through out the process I just kept in mind that I also wanted larger white areas so that I could add a few more elements.


In those larger areas is where I stamped the lavender paw print and the sentiments for the front. It was fun just stamping instead of stamping to color. It's like making your own pattern paper. I did go over the bandages with a W1 and W0 Copic marker just to give them some depth. Totally optional step though. 


Now for the inside I was able to line up the dog where I wanted him to show through on the front of this card. After that I simply closed the lid of my stamp platform and used a piece of 80lb Neenah Solar White cardstock to stamp on to. Then I colored a simple scene with Copic markers. I thought the sentiment mentioning the dog cone was hilarious, so I used that on the inside with the coordinating image. Then adhered that to the inside.  


I've always liked making window cards and I love the way it looks with the pattern stamping using the smaller stamp images on the front. It's also a great way to experiment with some color combinations. I usually search by season or sometimes you just see a color combination that inspires you.

Copic Markers Used:
Card Front - W1, W0
Inside - W6, W3, W1
C5, C1, E74, E77
E31, E3, RV91

Thanks so much for stopping by today and Happy Stamping!




No comments: