Friday, May 31, 2019

You Clever Cat | Cubbie card | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

I hope you guys have been enjoying these fun cubbies for the challenge #257 Furry Friends. Today I wanted to share this fun card I made using the Art Impressions Cozy Cat Cubbie. I still had the rainbow background I made for the Hero Arts 45th Anniversary blog hop and I thought it would look cute with this playful stamp set.


I stamped all my images out on some kraft cardstock. I selectively stamped a few of the cat beds, I did that by inking the area around the bed on the cat cubbie. I'm going to fussy cut those images, so the rest of the lines wont be seen.


This time, instead of using Copic markers, I used watercolor pencils. This is a inexpensive set I found at my local craft store. I've never used them on kraft cardstock and was pleasantly surprised by how well they colored. These pencils are not name and only numbered, so I wont be listing those today. The kraft cardstock I'm using is just regular cardstock from Neenah. So, it does not take to a lot of water well, but these watercolor pencils react and blend really easily. For all the white areas I used a white Prismacolor pencil.


I used a piece of black cardstock and stamped most of the sentiments and the yarn ball, all over half of the panel. Then I used clear embossing powder and melted that with a heat gun. I took the full panel that was die cut with the Hero Arts circle confetti die and adhered a piece of white craft foam behind it.

If you would like to see how the rainbow background was made check out this blog post on the Art Impressions blog.
Or click here and head on over to my you tube video showing the process.

 Once it was dry I sliced the panel at a diagonal and adhered one half to my black cardstock. Last step I adhered the kitty cubbie and extra bed, then attached the little cozy kitties to areas on the cubbie. 


Alright guys that's it from me! Thank you so much for joining me today!


No comments: