Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Love Lives Here Succulents Card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I've been wanting to watercolor some flowers for a while now.  The new Succulents stamp set was the perfect excuse to get out my markers and brush.  I really enjoyed how fast and easy these images were to color.  I did a bunch of cards in a very short time.
The images were stamped onto Bristol paper with Scrapbook.com Black Hybrid Ink and colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.   I used a #1 brush with very little water and my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to color the images.  I added the marker to the base of the petals and pulled it out with a damp brush. The largest succulent is the most complicated.  I used 041 Light Green and let it dry before I came back in with 400 Marine Green at the very darkest parts of the leaves. I then added a tiny bit of 082 Purple to the tips of the petals. The other succulent that I used multiple colors on has tiny red points at the tips.  I used 045 Pale Green at first to try to give it a very light color. Then I dotted the 022 Carmine Red onto the tips of the leaves and added my damp brush to a few of the dots.  I used 041 light green, 031 Cobalt Blue and 081 Light Violet on the other images. I then die cut the larger images with the dies from the stamp set and cut out the two tiny images.
I then cut out my two main panels of paper from the patterned paper with my Rectangle A2 Double Stitched dies and attached them to my white A2 card base.  Using the same patterned paper, I cut out a Circle Double Stitched Die.  I also cut out a brown circle and attached the other circle over it. I cut a piece off of the bottom of both of them with my stitched rectangle die and attached it to the card with foam tape. I used the shape of the circle to add the succulents around the greeting.  Some were attached with glue while a couple were attached with foam tape.  The last thing I did was attached some enamel dots around the card.  

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful coloring of the succulents.