Friday, July 19, 2019

Sloth-some set By Jessica Shier


Hello Ai Fans!

This week I'm coloring up some sloths from the Sloth- some set with Prismacolor Pencils. Since the new challenge is Animal Print I thought coloring animal fur would be appropriate! I colored these very similar in this video here. 


I started off by stamping the sloths (Sloth-Some set 5002) hanging from the tree branch three times on a piece of Kraft cardstock, using Gina K amalgam ink. I used some Copic markers to help me map out where my colors would go. I have the list of all the colors I used down below, broken up into sections. To add a bit of depth and color to the Neenah Dessert storm cardstock I used Distress Ink in Pumice Stone with a make up blending brush. Blending that ink around the sloths, making the edges the darkest. 


I used another piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock to re-stamp the sloths three times so that I had 3 extra party hats and balloons. I decided on a black and white pattern paper to border the sloths and would need to cut off those sections which would slice right through them. By re-stamping and coloring those 6 elements I was able to fussy cut them out and place them over the top of the chopped hats and balloons. Plus it adds a little dimension. Speaking of which I also added some green craft foam underneath the sloth kraft piece. 


I mounted the sloths with the green craft foam on to a piece of MFT Black and White striped pattern paper, then to Neenah Solar White 110lb cardbase. For the sentiment I used Tombow Markers (173 & 493) to make it gradient from green to blue, playing off of the colors of the balloons and hats. I also fussy cut the sentiment with my Fiskars scissors, then added it to the top right hand side with a few adhesive foam squares. 

Prismacolor Pencils Used:
Sloths
PC935 Black PC938 White
PC1067 90% Cool Gray          
PC1063 50% Cool Gray          
PC1060 20%Cool Gray           
PC1076 90% French Gray       
PC1074 70% French Gray
PC1072 50% French Gray
PC1068 10% French Gray
PC1082 Chocolate
PC1082 Chocolate
PC939 Peach
PC9328 Blush Pink  

Blue Blend
PC208 Indanthrone Blue
PC133 Cobalt Blue Hue
PC1040 Electric Blue
PC1086 SKy Blue Light

Teal Blend
PC907 Peacock Green
PC105 Cobalt Turquoise
PC992 Light Aqua

Green Blend
PC908 Dark Green
PC912 Apple Green
PC989 Chartreuse



Thank you so much for joining me today! 
Happy Stamping! 



No comments: