Friday, July 5, 2019

Tropical Island Window | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!
Today, I'm sharing a fun tropical card, using the Island Window set. I've enjoyed using these Window stamps over the last month! I know I've said it before, but one of things I most like about these style of stamps is that they are great for quick cards! This time of year can be so crazy busy yet these style of stamps also give me enough area to experiment with coloring, so they are also fun! For this one I used Copic markers. I also added some texture behind the scene with some simple layers, using cardstock, cork and a stencil. 


I first stamped the image and colored with Copic Markers. Since I used bright and bold colors the last time I colored one of the window stamps (Desert Window with Tombow markers), I decided that I would try a lighter palette of colors. I have the markers I used listed below. 
The reflection on the water was tricky, since orange and yellow like to make green. I used the Copic Colorless Blender to push back most of the blue which helped. Another small coloring detail I did is adding a gradient of dots in the sand. I used the E34 for this. Small things like that can add simple but fun textures.  


I used one of the Square Rectangle Double stitch dies to die cut my colored Island Window, this time leaving the fun sentiment intact and added a slight black cardstock layer underneath. This card was feeling a little flat so I used an EK Success border die to create a decorative edge on the cork paper. then topped that with a layer of Lovely Lavender cardstock, before adhering the other pieces over top. 


The card base is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches. I stenciled over the top of it using the Radiating Rays stencil and Sweet Corn ink. I also used liquid glue to attach any cardstock to the textured cork paper.

Copic Markers Used:

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Happy Stamping! 


No comments: