Friday, June 21, 2019

Desert Window Pop Art Inspired | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

It's officially summer! This Desert Window set is perfectly paired with a few Succulents set sentiments to make a bright pop art watercolor design. I even used Tombow Markers for the first time and the Art Impressions Watercolor Palette. So easy and fun! I hope you enjoy the card process video I have below. 


To start this card design off, I stamped the Desert Window image 4 times on a piece of Arches Cold Press watercolor cardstock. I used Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and clear embossed each one. I'm going to use this Desert Window image in a similar way as I did with the Eagle Window in this blog post for Art Impressions that I did last week. I love the elegant sentiments that come with these window images but I also like the versatility of using other Art Impressions sentiments with them to make something even more unique. In this case, I used several phrases from the Succulents set. I even used one of the succulent stamp images as a backdrop to the center "Just for you" sentiment. I used vellum cardstock and white embossing powder for a subtle look. 


It's been a while since I have colored with a marker like the Tombow, so I really took some time playing with them. By mixing and layering the colors in this funky pop art inspired design, it was so fun letting loose and creating purple suns and pink cacti! The great thing about this though is if you are not a big fan of bright colors as I am this would also look lovely in pastels or muted tones. Since today is the first day of Summer I thought the bright colors were appropriate. 


Card Process Video




Tombow Markers Used:
Brights set
755 Rubine Red
743 Hot Pink
933 Orange
055 Process Yellow
133 Chartreuese
173 Willow Green
493 Reflex Blue
665 Purple
636 Imperial Purple




Thank you for joining me today! Happy Stamping! 





1 comment:

Karen Day said...

Jessica, this is AMAZING!