Monday, August 12, 2019

Never Too Old! by Carol Hintermeier

Happy Monday Ai Friends!  My card today features the oh, so fun Never Too Old Laugh Lines set.  There are so many fun and silly sentiments that will surely make the recipient smile!



I stamped this gal in Copic safe ink onto a piece of 3-¾" x 5" white cardstock and then colored her with the Copic markers listed below.  I also stamped her onto some masking paper and fussy cut it out.  Here are the steps I took to create the background followed by a few photos (click to enlarge):
  • After covering the lady with the masking paper, I put down a grass border mask and then put a brick stencil over that.
  • Using a blending brush, I added a light gray ink through the brick stencil.  I added a darker shade of gray through the brick stencil in random areas.
  • I removed the stencil and mask and put on a mask above the grass.  I used two shades of Distress Ink (see supply list below) to create the grass.  The third photo is with all masks removed.
 

I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink and used a die from the Tag Stitched Die set to cut it out.  To get the rectangle shape instead of a tag shape, after I cut it the first time, I flipped the paper around so the triangle shape was below the bottom of the tag cut line.   I used a few foam squares to pop it up.

I decided that she needed flowers and presents for her birthday, so I used two of the Holiday Mansion accessory sets along with the included dies to add these.  The presents are from the HM Birthday Set and the flowers from the HM Garden Set.  These are also popped up with foam squares.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Have a crafty week!


Copic markers:
BG13, BG15, BG32, BV20, C00, C1,  E23, E50, E51, R53, E93,
N0, N2, N4, RV14, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y19, YG23, YG25 

3 comments:

Chark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chark said...

fun sentiment and great bg!

Unknown said...

I love this. I just purchased the stamp and was looking for ideas. Thank you
Carol from Melbourne, Australia.