Sunday, October 6, 2019

Wild Thing! by Reneé Matarese

Hello Ai fans!

Today I'm sharing a masculine card with you.  These are always some of my very favorite to create!  Since I first saw 5044 – Born To Ride Set I wanted to combine it with this set of dies from Spellbinders.  The gears just screamed out for a motorcycle don't you think?



This set is from the Work & Play series at Art Impressions. If you're not familiar with it, it's a series of sets where people are either at their workplace with humorous sayings or they are enjoying their hobby.


This card is very special to me.  I have a cousin who has been battling melanoma for the last three years.  She remembers her first chemo treatment and received a small box from a kind donor when she went.  She has now created a group called Michelles Mission where she collects donations from kind people and creates bags using her "31" business.  There is a card included in every bag.  She has to buy some but when she can get something homemade she prefers that.  She stocks tote bags full of goodies like fuzzy socks, blankets, snacks, playing cards, tissues and hand sanitizer, water or juice and peppermints for upset stomach.  All sorts of things to make treatments more bearable.  I'm so proud of her.  If you'd like more information you can visit my blog HERE.


I printed my own verse for the inside that says "Shift into high gear and kick cancer's butt!"  I hope it inspires someone to fight!


Copics used:

BV23, Y17, C4, C6, N2, N4, N6, B0000, B93, B95, B97
E02, E18, E31, E34, E51, E53, E55

Arteza Real Brush Pens:
A120, 150, 176

Prismacolor Colored Pencils:
PC1086 Sky Blue Light 
PC1023 Cloud Blue
PC1088 Muted Turquoise
PC903 True Blue
PC1069 20% French Grey

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Great image. Lovely gears and coloring. [Bunny]`

Crafting Queen said...

Great male image, love the card.