Friday, November 8, 2019

The Stamping Village Holiday Seals Spinners | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai fans!

It's Jessica! I'm back today with some more inspiration using The Stamping Village Holiday Seals stamp set, there is also a card tutorial video below. This time I'm making some interactive spinner cards. These cards are super fun to receive!


For my spinners I'm using the Art Impressions penguin and the Pink and Main cocoa (or coffee) mug. I stamped both images on to a piece of Neenah 80lb card stock using Copic safe black ink. These images are quick to color, even though I doubled my work by stamping each image twice.

You can check out the video below to see the entire process and I'll also have the Copic Markers I used listed below.


You can find more information about The Stamping Village Holiday Seals stamp set and the first video I did using this set for a video hop on the Art Impressions Youtube channel here.  Please note that the giveaway has expired but there is still a ton of inspiration!


Using one of the smaller circles from the Art Impressions Circle Double Stitch die I cut out each colored Holiday Seal. Then used the next largest circle die on the blue Distress Oxide ink card stock and on the front of a A2 cardbase. For these cards I am using a side fold card base. 

I sandwiched a piece of clear thread between the two holiday seal circle images and centered those in the larger circle die cut on the front of the card. I add dry adhesive below and above the card front circle die cut so that the penguin and mug images would be suspended there. Then I layered the Distress Oxide ink blended piece over the top. 


I used a lovely piece of forest pattern paper and die cut the word "snow" twice from that and also twice from some white craft foam and adhered those together. Then I added those to the left side of the card front. For some added shimmer I die cut the six snowflakes from the Art Impressions Snowflake die set and adhered some to front of the card and a few to the inside of the card with a heat embossed sentiment from the Penguin Cheer set

To prepare your card to be received by your recipient of choice, just write your sentiment like normal being aware of the circle die cut on the front. Then twist the holiday seal image a dozen times or so, gently, close the card and place in a envelope. When the person receiving the card opens the card to read your message the image with twirl. Super cute right!?

Copic Markers Used:
W6, C5, W3, Y13
YG67, YG63, YG61
R29, R14
W1, W0

Thank you all so much for joining me today! Happy Stamping! 


No comments: