Friday, February 7, 2020

Teenie Weenie Hug | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!
 This week for Art Impressions I'm using the Dog Twist Ties stamp set. I was really inspired by the sentiment "sending you a teenie weenie hug", So cute! I am a dachshund lover. I wanted a color combination of purple, green and teal, very calming colors. 


The fun thing about these Twist Tie style of stamps and dies is that they lock together. The directions on the back of the package are easy to follow and give you the measurements to create your own tryfold card base.  Art Impressions does carry tryfold bases but I found it simple to create my own. 

Following the directions on the back of the packaging I scored a 9 1/2'' x 5 1/2'' card base at the 2 3/4'' and 7'' marks. The flaps are where you will stamp the weiner dogs. Each one has a little L on the bottom corners that you don't ink up but align that with the corner of your panels. 

After stamping each dog on their panels, I used the coordinating dies and sent them through my die cutting machine. Now that I have everything cut and stamped I can start coloring. I colored one of the dogs black and tan like my little weiner dog, Sobe, and the other in browns.


Using a small acrylic block I stamped the paw print in two different colors all over the front of this card. The paw print is from a different Art Impressions stamps set, Doggy Kisses. I also used one of the sentiments from that set on the inside. First though, I used a Distress Oxide ink to ink blend the inside and stamped the sentiment from the Dog Twist Ties. 


The second sentiment on the inside is stamped on a small rectangle die cut. My way of covering up my very crooked first attempt at stamping that sentiment. lol. 


Copic Markers
W6, W4, W3, W1, W0
C5, C3
E57, E35, E34, E31
R14

Alright everyone, that is it from me today! 
Thank you so much for joining me. Happy Stamping!


3 comments:

Bunny said...

Super cute card. My Aunt would have loved this as she only had dachshunds her whole life. I think some of them needed those calming colors to look at. [Bunny]

Lee said...

Fabulous card - love your coloring! What a great stamp set! I love doxies too!!

Unknown said...

Ever since my husband got me divorced for the past 2 years, i v'e not been my self. I was reviewing some post of how i could get back my husband then, i saw a testimony shared by Marina Choas about a spell caster named Dr. PADMAN I contacted Marina Chaos to confirm about how Dr. PADMAN helped her and she clarified everything to me of how he helped her and that gave me the courage to get in touch with Dr. PADMAN for help. Dr. PADMAN assured me that my days of sorrows will be over within 48hours after he has finished with his work. I followed his instructions he gave to me because i had the believe, faith, hope and trust in him. Verily i say to you today that i and my husband are back together and i can proudly say and testify to the world of what Dr. PADMAN did for me. Contact him today via Website: https://padmanspell.com/index-3.html E-mail:(padmanlovespell@yahoo.com) OR call him or whatsapp him +19492293867