Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Stampers Village Wreath Card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I used the Mail Delivery stamp set by The Stampers Village along with some Watercolor stamp sets to create these fun wreath cards.
I started by stamping the  elephant image onto Strathmore Watercolor paper with Versafine Clare Nocturne Ink and cut it out using the Circle Double Stitched Dies. I colored the elephant image using Tombow Dual Brush Markers that I scribbled onto a Watercolor Palette.  I used both a #1 and #4 brush.  The colors I used are listed at the end of this post.
The wreath was really fun to make.  I traced the circle in the center of my watercolor paper with a pencil.  I used the Gina K wreath builder and my Misti , but you could make a wreath without it.  The flower images are from the WC Flower set 4 and the leaves are from the WC Foliage set 2. I colored directly on the stamps with the Tombow Dual Brush Markers and stamped them into the eight sections on the wreath builder. Then I used my #4 brush to pull out the color. I then erased the circle guide and cut the layer with the Square Double Stitched Dies
I used the Carta Bella Botanical Garden 6" x 6" paper collection on the card base.  It's cut with the Rectangle Double Stitched Dies and edged with a Silver Medium tip Pilot marker.  The main square and the greeting are also edged with the Pilot marker and mounted onto the card.  The elephant circle is added with foam tape. 
Tombow Dual Brush Markers used:
Elephant - 526 True Blue, 565 Deep Blue, 725 Rhodamine Red
Flowers - 636 Imperial Purple, 725 Rhodamine Red, 526 True Blue
Stems/Leaves - 177 Dark Jade, 249 Hunters Green

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!


3 comments:

ednamburgess said...

Very cute. A great card to cheer people in this awful virus time.

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful cards.

creatingincolors said...

Beautiful! I love this idea!