Saturday, March 21, 2020

Watercolor Roundup : Bible Journaling


Hello, Ai Fans! Happy Watercolor Weekend!

As we are all hunkered down at home and finding new ways to be creative with our time, we are so glad that we get to share a little beauty with you. If you haven't tried our Bible Journaling sets, you're missing out! There are beautiful borders, images, and sets that compliment any card, scrapbook, or bookmark.
From our heart to yours, sending you wishes of health, happiness, and the beauty of spring!

Be sure to follow these lovely ladies on social media by clicking the link in pink next to their names!



Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook



Hello Ai Watercolor fans, here is my project for this Watercolor Weekend!  Hope you are staying healthy, happy and crafting!

I started out using the Blossom Border set and Bookmark Die from the Art Impressions New Bible Journaling release--coming NEXT WEEK!!
  I started by tracing the Bookmark Die onto a piece of watercolor paper, enough to hold 2 bookmarks.  This will give me a guideline for where I need to place my stamps.

I used one of the borders and inked it up with 177 and 526.  I stamped it along the bottom of the bookmark.  I re-inked it and stamped it a little above the first stamp.  I repeated this one more time and then stamped it again at the top and bottom.  I liked the look of the second generation stamping.

Using water, I softened all of the leaves and blooms with a damp brush.  I used a little more water next to the outside of stamp to pull some of the color into the background.  I stamped the sentiment into a semi-clear spot.

To make the bookmark, I ran the watercolor paper through my big shot using the new Bookmark Die.  I trimmed it down to match where the slit ends.  I cut the bookmark out of Christmas Pine card stock and Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock to give it some weight.  I glued all the layers together.

These flowers are so fun to watercolor. I hope you will join us this weekend and show us your work using #AIWatercolor!  Have a great weekend!


SUPPLIES:


Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest



Hello,

Have you seen the brand new 5223 - Bookmark Dies 10 piece set from Art Impressions? It is fabulous! It comes with two bookmark dies and eight little dies to add embellishments like the heart I added to the top of mine. 

This set releases next week on the Art Impressions website, but is available on scrapbook.com or simonsaysstamp.com if you just can't wait!

I made this bookmark by first taping two pieces of paper together so it would be sturdy. I tried it the other way also, but found it works best for me by taping the two pieces together prior to die cutting the bookmark. I cut out a piece of watercolor paper to fit and stamped the cross from the brand new 5268 - Rugged Crosses Set inked in first 565 then in 969. I pulled the color out of the lines and added some of the brown and blue onto the cross from the watercolor palette.  I stamped the vine and grass from the 5073 - Bible Foliage Set inked in 177 and pulled the color up and out. I stamped the taller flowers from the 5074 - Bible Flower Set inked in 177 and 528. I inked the smaller flower in 565 and 177. I used the 565 off the palette to color in the sky and ground.  I used a Wow Embossing Pen and Ranger Distress weathered wood embossing glaze to add the dimension you see on the flowers and the rope on the cross.  I love how this bookmark turned out and I know I will be making many more!

Thank you for checking out my blog!  You can find more of my cards on my Instagram account here

Supplies used listed below:
<


Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest


Greetings Ai Family!!
A quick card today, using the harp image from 5199 - Praise Instruments Set:


 Using my Tombow Dual Brush Marker #992 Sand, I coloured just the harp strings (as I wanted them to be a lighter tone, and then used #969 Chocolate to colour the frame before stamping it onto my Canson XL Watercolor Paper just left of center.  I scribbled #947 Burnt Sienna onto my palette, and painted it onto the frame, leaving some white areas as hightlights.


 With #565 Deep Blue, I stamped the daisy bunch from 5074 - Bible Flower Set, multiple times in different spots around the harp.  Then with #249 Hunter Green and the small sprig in the same stamp set, I added greenery in and around my flowers.  I touched everything with a damp #1 paintbrush to soften the lines, then I pulled out a few of the colours to ground the harp, and add a background of #565.  The sentiment is from 5130 - On The Sparrow Set, stamped in Onyx Black Versafine Ink.  I die cut my scene using a 5062 - Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Die, and used pop dots to adhere it to a deep purple mat, and onto my card base.






Thank you, ladies, for brightening our day with your simply elegant creations! We absolutely love seeing everyone's personal style show through on each card!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: