Friday, March 20, 2020

You Make My Heart Sing | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai fans!

It's Jessica here on the blog today! I have a cute little Spring time card, using the HM Garden set. These accessory sets to the Holiday Mansion are fun to decorate the house with but I also love using them on their own. So that is what I will be doing today.


I stamped and die cut the birdhouse, flower pot, boots and birds from the HM Garden set. I'll have the list of Copic Markers I used below.

For the background I used Inkadinkado masking paper which you can find on the Art Impressions website. This is some of my favorite masking paper. I used two larger circle dies and die cut the masking paper. Before ink blending the background I placed the smallest circle down. Then I added the stencil over the top and ink blended with a light tan dye ink. This stencil has a cool log background that I thought went well with the HM Garden Set. 


I peeled off the circle mask and added the negative of the large circle, centering it over the first masked circle. This creates a outline that I used a darker brown dye ink. You can just slightly see the stencil through that darker ink blending! Looks layered but it is actually flat.

I added the garden scene circle with the craft foam backing to the center of the masked white circle and adhered everything to a A2 card base. Adding a sentiment and bird last. The inside has a few extra elements that I didn't use on the front along with another die cut circle.


Thank you so much for joining me today!
Happy Stamping.





No comments: