Friday, April 17, 2020

Birthday Cake Twister | By Jessica Shier


Hello Ai fans!

It's Jessica! Today I have a card using the fun Cake Twister. These are so easy to make. This cake has lovely flowers on it, so I thought using some spring colors would be nice. Lately, I've had cooking shows on in the background, especially baking ones! I really had no idea that there are fresh edible flowers that you can use on an actual cake. Must be why I was drawn to create with this Cake Twister!


I used the cake stamp and die set and colored the image with Copic markers. For the window I used the coordinating Twist Frame die, die-cutting the frame onto an A2 side fold Neenah Solar White 110lb card base. This is off-centered slightly.
Quick tip! I like to lay a piece of copy paper underneath the card stock that I am die cutting so that the lines from my cutting plate don't make an impression on the inside of the card base. I have some truly warped cutting plates, so they do leave behind some crazy texture. 



To add some color to the card base I used a stencil and Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink. Then attached the little die-cut stars, which is an accessory die from the Twist Frame die set. I also used the coordinating birthday sentiment to go along with the cake, die-cutting that with a small Art Impressions Oval Double Stitch die.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Happy stamping!


2 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Beautiful card!!!

ednamburgess said...

I kept looking for a video or u-tube of putting it all together, but don't find one. Is it there and I can't find it? Pretty card.