Saturday, April 18, 2020

Watercolor Roundup


Hello, Ai Fans! Happy Watercolor Weekend!

Though our lives are currently a bit cloudy, with everything that is going on, we have seen such beautiful creations coming from homes all across the U.S. This may be a small silver lining, but we are so glad that we are able to be a part of the beauty in this chaos!

This week, our Watercolor Design Team has come up with some darling new demos for you to enjoy.

Be sure to follow these lovely ladies on social media by clicking the link in pink next to their names!


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook


Welcome watercolor fans to Watercolor Weekend!  

We are so excited to be able to share some inspiration with you in such a trying time.  I love all the beautiful work I have been seeing everyone create while we are at home.  I know for me, crafting is therapeutic and I have definitely needed it more than once lately.  The sentiment was really beautiful and I think it went perfectly with this sweet vase of flowers. 

Step 1: I inked the pitcher up with 569, stamped it off and inked it with 969. I wiped off a couple of areas at the top of the stamp so I didn’t have to fight the lines and the foliage looks like it is spilling out of the pitcher.  I stamped it onto my watercolor paper.  Using my brush and water, I pulled the color out of the lines, making sure the darkest color was around the sides to give it some depth.  I added some 569 to my palette and brushed it along the sides and bottom of the pitcher.  I pulled some of the colors out from beneath the pitcher to ground it and create a shadow.

Step 2: I inked up the small vine (it doesn’t matter which one as I only inked the top of the vine) with 177. I stamped it multiple times around the top, front and sides of the pitcher.  I softened the lines with water (dabbing with my brush). 

Step 3:  I inked a few of the flowers on the daisy bunch stamp with 685 and stamped it around the foliage.  The bigger the flower, the more buds I inked.  On some of them, I only inked one of the buds to create the look of unopened flowers.  Next, I inked the long flower with 569 and stamped it along the top of the arrangement to give it some height.  I added water to all the flowers to soften them.

Lastly, I signed and dated my work.  If you would like to check out how I put the card together, check out my blog.  I love to see all of your beautiful work, it really inspires and challenges me.  Make sure to use the #AIWatercolor so we can see what you are creating during these difficult times.

I hope you all stay healthy and safe at home.  We are all in this together.  I am grateful for this wonderfully supportive group of crafters who continually inspires me to be not only a better crafter but a better person! 

See you next time, 

Tricia






Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest

Hello,

It's hard to photograph how pretty and shiny this card is in real life. Have you seen this new stamp set from 5366 - Greenery Invites? It has lots of beautiful foliage and sentiments. You could definitely use this set for wedding invitations. 



I used Versa Mark to emboss the triple circles and the "Thank You" in that shiny gold. I inked up the foliage with the 177 pen for the upper foliage and I inked the lower foliage in the 249 pen. I pulled the color out of the lines, then added some 173 from the palette to some of the leaves. I added 636 to the palette and watercolored some of the upper foliage. 

I used 407 on the palette to watercolor some sky and it mixed with the greens as I dabbed all around the foliage. I used the Rectangle Rounded Corner die for the watercolor paper and the background piece. 

The "I love you" sentiment was from the 5230 - SBC Exclusive Roses Set and I inked it in 177. I wet my brush and pulled the color out around the letters. I cut out a Flag die in that bright gold paper and a strip for the top piece then adhered it all to the card base.



Thank you for checking out my blog!  You can find more of my cards on my Instagram account here




Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest


Greetings!!!


 Hello Ai fans!  I have another card to share using 5270 - Columns Set, with minimal stamping, but lots of ink blending:


I wanted to use the lamp post image, and create a night scene, so pulled out my Distress Oxide inks, and blending brushes.  I put some tiny pencil markers on my cardstock indicating where the post would be so that I knew where the yellow glow would be centered, and set to work blending.  Starting with Wild Honey, then Picked Raspberry and finally Blueprint Sketch.  I used some Faded Jeans around the edges of my panel and masked off the bottom section to use it to create the ground.



Using my Versafine Onyx Black ink, I stamped the lamp post and positioned my sentiment from 5066 - Light to my Path Set beside it.  I used my N25 Lamp Black and N55 Cool Grey 7 Tombow Dual Brush markers directly onto my cardstock, adding in the shadows on the lamp post.  After die cutting the panel, I adhered it to my black card base with 3D adhesive tape.





Thank you, ladies, for your wonderful weekend additions to our blog!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: