Monday, May 18, 2020

Coffee Gift Card Holder for the Guys! by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai friends!  Today I have a gift card holder for our guys!  I've used the Coffee Gift Card Holder set to create my card.  Raise your hand if you are like me and struggle with those masculine cards!! Haha!  When I ask my husband his favorite color, he responds with brown!!  LOL! So, I created this card with that male perspective in mind!


Here are the steps to make this card:
  • Create a top-folding A2 card base from Neenah Solar White card stock.
  • Die cut patterned paper using the largest Rectangle Double Stitched die and adhere to the card base.
  • I stamped a coffee bean background with a stamp from my stash with Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink.
  • Die cut the stamped background with the second largest Rectangle Double Stitched die.  Adhere at an angle on the card front.
  • Die cut the Coffee Gift Card Holder cup, insert, and lid from Neenah card stock.  Ink the edges of the cup and top of lid with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide.
  • Die cut the coffee cup sleeve from coordinating patterned paper.  Adhere to the cup.
  • Stamp the sentiment onto the cup with Ground Espresso.  I used my MISTI and stamped it a few times to make it darker.
  • Next, die cut the included scalloped circle die from white card stock and ink the edges with Ground Espresso.  I used a Circle Double Stitched die to cut the patterned paper center and adhered the two together.
  • Add a foam square to the circle and pop it onto the coffee cup sleeve and glue the cup to the card front.

I don't have a gift card to display, but I did stamp the other sentiment group from this set on the insert.  Then just check the boxes that fit your occasion!  How fun for the recipient when he removes the gift card!


To finish, I embellished the card with some twine, a button, and enamel dots from my stash.  This I call "guy bling!"  Haha!


So, what is your guy's favorite color?  Is it brown too?  I hope I've inspired you with this masculine card today--Father's Day is next month!  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful, crafty week!


No comments: