Monday, June 1, 2020

Just A Note! by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai fans!  Today I have a sweet card to just say, "Hi!" to that someone special that may need some happy mail!  I've used the beautiful Exclusive Hydrangeas set by Art Impressions that's available at Scrapbook.com.  My hydrangeas are pink with green in the middle because, in my part of Texas, we have alkaline soils and water, not acidic that makes them a blue shade.  Keep reading to see a photo that I took a few days ago of my hydrangea in my backyard.  I love hydrangeas and my photo was my inspiration!


I stamped the hydrangeas in my favorite Copic safe ink--Inkon3 Blackout Detail ink onto some Neenah Solar White 80# card stock.  I've listed my marker colors below.  (Make a note of how few markers I used--LOL!)  When I finished my coloring, I used a Rectangle Double Stitched die to cut it out.  I added some Apple Green Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower centers and set it aside to dry.


Here is my backyard photo!  It's an older bloom, therefore, not as much green in it as what I colored.


So, onto finishing my card!  I started with an A2 card base and added a black card stock and pink gingham layer and adhered it to the card base.  I added another black layer to the die cut hydrangeas panel.  I stamped one of the several sentiment from this set at the bottom of this panel in Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I added foam tape and adhered it to the card.


Thanks for stopping by today!  Now you know about my love for hydrangeas and also, this beautiful stamp set!  Happy crafting!


Copic markers I used:
G85, YG63, G43, RV21, RV10, RV00

No comments: