Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Greenery Invites Thank You cards by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!


I used the Greenery Invite stamp set along with the Butterfly Set to make two very similar cards.  I added the butterflies to one card and left the other plain.  I used two different watercolor paper on the wreaths to see if there was much of a difference in how they absorb the water. 
The first wreath is on Strathmore 140 Lb. watercolor paper.  I placed my wreath stamp on the door of my stamp platform so I could ink and stamp parts of the image with my Tombow Dual Brush markers in stages. I added some 296 Green marker to random parts of the wreath and stamped it onto my paper.  I then added some 493 Reflex Blue marker to the other parts of the wreath and stamped it again.  I used my brush to pull the color out from the lines.  I scribbled my markers onto the Watercolor Palette and added more color to the wreath.  I then cut around the outside with my scissors.  I colored the butterflies the same way using  493 Reflex Blue, 636 Imperial Purple and 725 Rhodamine Red.
I did the second wreath on Cansol XL 140 Lb. Watercolor paper.  It created a similar look.  It's hard to see in the pictures, but the Strathmore paper leaves a brighter, crisper image.  I think that's because the Canson XL paper has more cotton in it.  So it absorbs the color into the paper more.  Either way, I think both wreaths are beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: