Wednesday, July 29, 2020

New Home Watercolor Card with Guest Blogger Tricia!!!


Greetings Ai Fans!

Today we have a special guest blogger, Tricia from our Watercolor Design Team! 

HI Ladies!!!!!

 

 Today’s project features the watercolor Door Set.  




I inked the door with the brown and stamped it off.  Next, I pulled the color out of the lines.  I added some additional color onto the welcome mat from my palette.  Using some blue from my palette, I added some color to the door.  I also used the fine tip of my blue and drew in some curtains (I used some small lines at the top to make them look pleated.  I added some purple to my palette and colored the curtains in.

 

To create the steps, I inked the stones up with brown then blue.  This gives a nice gray color.  I stamped it off and then stamped it in front of the mat.  I added some water to the stones making sure to keep the tops white. 

 

I inked the stones from the Wall Texture set with brown in a few places, I did not use the entire stamp.  I stamped it off added a few areas of blue (very sporadic) and stamped it off again. I wanted it to be really light.  I made sure to leave room where my vines and flowers were going to go. I repeated that on the other side.  TIP:  Using a positioner is really helpful to get your texture straight and where you want it.  I added water to make the lines really faded.

 

I inked the small grass with green and stamped it around some of the rocks.  I inked the small vine up with green and added it to each side and the top of the door.  I softened the grasses and the vines with water.  I inked the small dots up with purple and stamped them in various areas within the vines.  Lastly, I inked the wildflowers (left and right) from the Wagon Set with green and pink and stamped them on either side of the door and added water to soften the lines.

 

Finally, I signed and dated.  To finish the card, I cut it down to 3.75x5 and added it to a piece of Wild Lilac Gina K Design cardstock cut to 4x5.25.  I added this to a base card.  I put the card into my MISTI and stamped the sentiment using Gina K Designs “Reasons to Celebrate” stamp set. 

 

I hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by!



<!-- LinkDeli Code End --

2 comments: