Thursday, October 22, 2020

Art Impressions 2020 Summer Matchbooks Release + New Challenge Tiny Treasures #290



Hello, Ai Fans!

It's HERE!!!




Our 2020 Release this week is -- our Matchbooks Sets!!!

These tiny, interactive treasures allow you to create teeny roomscapes that fold back into the shape of a matchbook! They may be small, but these designs are mighty! Each design requires the Matchbook Template Die and Matchbook Envelope Die, show below :
Once you have these two die templates, the below sets are accessories for your tiny rooms : 
Birthday Set
Kitchen Set
Craft Room Set
Den Set
Wall Accessories
Cat Accessories

You can shop all of these items here!

Now...

For our new challenge this week, we have a double feature! Jil and Bri have some fun tutorials for us below!

Hello Ai fans!

Today is week one of the Tiny Treasures Challenge. Art Impressions is releasing its smallest collection yet, Matchbooks!  

This line starts with the MB Envelope Dies and the MB Template die.  Then you can get the sets with the rooms.  I'm using the MB Craft room.  There are even accessory sets like MB Wall Accessories and MB Cat Accessories. 


 I used the Doodlebug Kitten Smitten 6" x 6" paper pack to cut out the envelope and Template dies.


I cut windows out of the side flaps.  I also cut out four sets of window panes and an easel for the back of the room.  These dies all come with the MB Template dies.


I attached the window panes and easel to the room.  I added the window panes to both the inside and outside.


I stamped the  images onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock with Gina K Black Amalgam ink and colored them with Copic markers.  The colors I used will be listed at the end of this post.  I then cut the images out with the matching dies that come in the set. The die creates score lines and I folded all of them.


I attached adhesive to all of the flaps. On the middle piece, only apply adhesive to the back flaps.


I attached all of the pieces as shown.  The middle piece is centered when it pops up.


I folded up the craft room and it's ready to go into the envelope.


Copic Colors Used - 
Blue- BG01, BG05, BG13
Green - YG03, YG61, YG63
Pink - RV11, RV13, RV14
Gray - C1, C3, C5
Cats - W1, W3

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!



Hi Ai fans! 

I am excited to introduce this brand new miniature collection to you, Matchbooks! This tiny collection includes two template dies (Matchbook Template and Matchbook Envelope), four scenes (Birthday, Kitchen, Craft Room and Den), and two accessory sets (Wall Accessories and Cat Accessories).  

My matchbook creation features the Kitchen Matchbook set and the Cat Accessory set. I have also included an assembly video so make sure to check it out! This project is featured on my personal blog too, check it out here!


First I used scraps of cardstock to die cut the Matchbook Template and Matchbook envelope. The yellow plaid paper works perfectly as retro kitchen wallpaper.  I also used patterned brown cardstock to create the kitchen floor, the window linings, and the envelope bow. I stamped the cat paw prints onto the floor with black ink.


All that is left to do now is to create the kitchen scene by adding the furniture, appliances, and the sentiment flap. I colored all of the images with my Copic Sketch markers. I listed the colors I used at the bottom of this blog post. I used a white gel pen to add the details to the oven mitts and kitchen towels. 

I used scor tape to adhere the folded flaps to the matchbook template. The flaps are helpful as they provide guided scor lines and they help you with the image placement within the scene. I glued the sentiment flap behind the stamped kitty paw prints. I used the black ink to stamp the sentiment "Season the day" onto the sentiment flap. To finish the scene I glued down the food bowl by the chair and I nested the kitty on top of the dining table!


The best part about this collection is how well it folds up into a tiny matchbook! Once closed it fits inside a mini envelope with dimensions of 2" x 2.25". I just love how the yellow plaid coordinates with the sunflower printed cardstock. Thank you for checking out my creation!

Check out the Matchbook assembly video here:


Copic Markers Used
Blue Green: BG000, BG01, BG45, BG49
Orange: YR61, YR65, YR68
Pink: RV11, RV13, RV14
Brown: E21, E23, E25
Gray: C00, C1, C3



Scroll below to see the full challenge, and enter to win 3 stamp sets!!!




This week for our new challenge, we are shrinking the scale! We want to see your tiny creations, miniature sets, and itty bitty designs!
If you're looking for some starter ideas, check out our Window CardsCircletsCritter Cubbies, or Holiday Mansion on our Pinterest Page


We want to see how you create your own Tiny Treasure! Though you can use any stamps you have, we'd love to see any Art Impressions products in your collection!
Hurry, challenge closes next Thursday, October 29th at 5PM PT!


Here are the Challenge Rules...
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Thank you to everyone who joined us yesterday on Wednesday Live with...Kendra!!!

It was so great to have Kendra host yesterday evening. Make sure you follow the link above to re-watch her live video.

Here is a link to the supplies you'll need for this project : 

Don't forget, you can always watch the videos after they air here : 



1 comment:

Inkami said...

The matchbook designs are darling, so many sweet mini scenes!