Friday, October 9, 2020

Fall daisies to a dear friend | By Jessica Shier

 Hello Ai Fans!

It's Jessica on the blog today. I have a watercolor floral card to share. I'm using the Daisies Exclusive set from Art Impressions sold only at Scrapbookcom. To watercolor I'll be using Tombow Markers. This lovely image is bordered by a cork paper and gold embossing powder. 

I started with stamping the large daisies on watercolor paper using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. I love this ink for water coloring and also for stamping detailed sentiments. The colors of markers I used are listed below. I used two tones of each color of markers. First using a light wash of color, using the lightest marker then adding in more depth with the darker marker, once the first color had dried. I also went straight in with the tip of the marker to achieve a darker color in the smaller shadow areas. Once the coloring was done I also did a light wash of watercolor with the Process Blue 452 marker around the flowers. 


The flowers are such beautiful colors that I decided to use more neutral shades for the rest of the card. I trimmed down the watercolor paper a bit and added a bright green cardstock underneath. I've had this cork paper around for a long time and it normally makes an appearance around fall and winter. Though it is discontinued you can still find cork paper in places. I used this lovely pattern and adhered it to a A2 Neenah Desert Storm cardbase. 

Before attaching the flowers to the base I used some gold embossing power on the edges of the card base. Such an easy way to add some quick texture. You do this by taking your embossing ink, I like Versamark, and swiping the edge of the ink along the edge. Then pour your embossing powder over the inked areas and heat to melt as normal.  


For the sentiment I used vellum and the same gold embossing powder. The smallest Rectangle Double Stitch die perfectly die cuts out this lovely sentiment. To adhere the vellum down I used a fine tip applicator and Multi Medium Matte glue. Placing the glue in the areas directly behind the letters, so that the glue doesn't show through the vellum.

Tombow Markers used:

Pink - 743, 755
Purple - 679, 636
Orange - 933, 947
Green - 028,  098
Blue - 452

Alright that is it from me today! Thank you for joining me. Happy Stamping.

No comments: