Friday, October 30, 2020

Give Thanks Feast Mode | BY Jessica Shier

 Hello Ai fans!

November is just around the corner, which means it's time for thanks themed cards. I'm using the adorable Feast Mode set today, to make a slimline scene card. Stamping these critters on a kraft colored card stock adds to the Fall warm and cozy theme. 


This is similar to the ghost trio card I created using the Fright Night set. (Spooky Fright Night blog post) For today's card design I ended up using a much warmer tone of kraft cardstock. Either would work perfectly, I've just cut down all of my Neenah Desert Storm card stock to an A2 size (4.25x5.5 in). Which doesn't work for the long Slimline card size (8.5x3.5 in).


I stamped all the critters onto a piece of kraft colored cardstock with Copic friendly ink. Using alcohol markers on card stock other then white is a nice change. Just pick bright or bold colors. The tone of the card stock does effect the transparent alcohol ink which ends up making a lot of the colors look more closely alike. I used a scratch piece of kraft card stock to determine which colors would work best. 


A white Prismacolor Pencil really is the key to coloring on kraft card stock. I just love how it looks and the contrast it has. I made sure to use the white pencil through out all the images. Like the bunny tail, the fox face and mug, the hedgehog and squirrel's stomachs and small areas on the cute sweaters. To add more texture or highlights to my colored scene I also used the white pencil in areas for a light shading. For the more prominent highlighted lines I used a white gel pen.


Using the double end flag from the Flag Double Stich die  I die cut the shape onto my colored scnene and heat embossed the sentiment "Give Thanks" on to a bright blue card stock that is layered behind the colored scene. This is mounted to a Neenah Solar White slimline card base. 

Copic Markers Used:

W6. W1, C5

E57, E56, E35, E31

R05, YR27, Y38, Y18, Y15

G94, YG67, G14, YG03

B16, B12, BG13, BG11

R81, R85

Thank you so much for joining me today. Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬