Saturday, October 3, 2020

Watercolor Roundup 10.3.2020





Hello, Ai Fans!

Welcome to another Watercolor Roundup!

This weekend our Watercolor Design Team has some creative, inspiring creations for you!

Be sure to follow these lovely ladies on social media by clicking the link in pink next to their names!


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook

Hey watercolor fans, welcome to another Art Impressions watercolor weekend roundup!  

We have some fantastic inspiration for you.  I decided to make a Fall in New England scene.  I love this time of year and I am inspired by all the bright colors that we have right now in New England.  



The Painting

 

I started out by inking up my pumpkins with brown and stamping them off.  I left off the bottom of the pumpkins to leave room for the grasses.  The first pumpkin was masked off before I stamped the second pumpkin next to it.  It is important that you stamp the images that you want to be in the foreground first.  To create a nice pumpkin color (in my opinion), I first pulled the brown color out of the lines leaving it concentrated in the shadowed areas.  Next, I went over the brown and most of the pumpkin with yellow, making sure to leave a white highlight.  Then I went over the brown and yellow with orange leaving some of the white and yellow showing in the highlighted areas.

 

Next, I inked the basket with brown, stamped it off, and stamped it to the left of the pumpkins.  I took the log and placed it on my paper to line up where I wanted the basket.  Using my water, I pulled the color from the lines making sure to stay within each area.  

 

To protect the basket so I could stamp my apples into it, I masked it off.  TIP: leave a small amount of the top of the basket exposed so you can place the apples into the basket.  I inked up the apples in the brown, stamped them off and lined them up over the basket.  Using my small brush, I pulled the color out of the lines.  Once it was dry, I added some red to the apples.  I used my fine time to create a darker highlight.

 

I replaced the mask over the pumpkin.  To make sure I placed my log exactly where I wanted it, I used my positioner.  I inked the log in brown, cleaned off the bottom of the log and stamped it between the pumpkins and apples.  I pulled the color out of the lines keeping the shadows really dark, I also added some more brown from my palette.

 

Next, I added green to my large grasses and stamped it below all of my objects.  I pulled the color up and out of the lines.  To create some additional interest, I used my fine point to add some additional green in areas.

 

To create the sky, I added some orange, yellow, red and blue in the background.  Once this was dry, I added one of the branches inked in brown behind the pumpkins.  I used the vine inked in green, red, yellow and orange around the top of the tree to create my foliage.

 

For finishing touches, I inked up a small branch with brown and stamped it a few times on the left and right.  I used one of the small leaves inked in yellow for some additional interest.  Lastly, I signed and dated my painting.

 

The Card

 

I cut my painting out with the rectangle stitched die.  I added it to a mat of Sweet Mango cardstock from Gina K Designs with Connect Glue.  I added that to a base of Neenah card stock.

 

That’s it!  I loved this project it was so quick and easy as most projects are with Art Impressions stamps.  I hope you will give it a try, make sure to tag us on Instagram.  Keep reading for more inspiration from my awesome team members! 

 

Have a crafty day!



Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - PinterestYouTube

Hello,

Did you guys seen Bonnie's video on Facebook with all of the new stamp sets coming out? I'm so excited and tried to reproduce one similar to hers for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend post. It would have been much easier to create with the new stamps but I used what I had and drew in the lines with a pencil to start it off. 



I then stamped the three buildings from the 5262 - WC Mini Cabins Set after inking them in the brown 969. Then I stamped the boy from the 5054 - WC Little Boy Set after inking it in Tombow 990. I stamped the grass from the 4051 - WC Foliage Set under the boy. I colored the boy's face, legs and arms from the palette with the 990. I colored his shorts in 565 and his hate and striped in 837. His hair is 977. I used a black pen to draw his eyelash. The buildings are shaded and colored with the 969, 565, and 977. 

I used the branch from 4964 - WC Branches Set inked in 969 to make the trees and the Marvy 48 leaf green for the tree tops and the foliage from the 4051 set. The pine trees are from the 5010 - WC Tree Set 1 inked in 249. I used the foliage from the 4051 set inked in 177 for the hill tree lines and the ground cover. The road is watercolored in 969 and the mountains and sky are in 565. I wish I had the fences and the windmill and all of the new stamps to really fix this up. Hopefully next time!





Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest

 Hello Ai Watercolor fans!

I loved putting another fall scene together this week, using a few sets that have been around a while:


I coloured up my puppy from 4959 - WC Dogs Set with my Tombow Dual Brush Marker in #969 Chocolate, and stamped him onto a large piece of Canson XL Watercolor Paper.  After masking him, I coloured up the 2 pumpkins from 5059 - WC Harvest Set with #565 Deep Blue, stamped it off on scrap paper, then coloured overtop with #969 before stamping them onto my scene.  With masks still in place, I inked up the milk can from 4701 - Clay Pot in 565/969 and stamped it with the help of my stamp positioner.  Using a damp #4 paintbrush, I pulled the colour out of the images, and softened the lines.  I used many layers of #969 to add colour to the pup, concentrating it where the darker shadows would be, and used the same technique on my pumpkins with #228 Gray Green, and #991 Light Ochre.

To create my bouquet, I used the Leaves image from Flower Set - 4052 in #991 stamping it repeatedly to give me the yellow flower base, then with the Salvia image in #992 Sand, I added in the tallest blooms, and tucked a few behind my orange pumpkin.  With the Mini Foxglove, coloured in #533 Peacock Blue, I stamped it in lines to create the trailing blue flowers.  I used my #228 marker to draw in the grass, and coloured it onto one of the flowers from 4963 - WC Fall Set as the green flowers.  My last addition was the large twig image from 4701 - Clay Pot, coloured and stamped in #969.


I painted in #565 as the sky colour, and added touches of 228/565/969 to the can, and added some 991 directly to the pumpkin as I wanted it to have some darker orange tones on the underside of it - then added a little to the puppy's coat as well.  I used all of my colours to paint a multi-coloured edge to my scene, and then die cut it with two different rectangle dies which served to create a frame.  I adhered the center piece with 3D adhesive to have it stand out a little from my slate blue cardstock base.


Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Alarico Adalbert said...

“I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud home owner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informaions.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.