Friday, October 2, 2020

Coolest Friend Watercolor By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai fans!

Happy Friday and happy October! Today I have a design to share with you using the Stamptember Art Impressions and Simon Says Stamp exclusive. Unfortunately these stamps sell out very quickly. Bonnie has done it again though, another great set with some fantastic punny sentiments. I added some other stamp sets from Art Impressions in the product list, ones that I thought were fun and had similar humor to this one! I'll be using some Tombow Markers to watercolor this image in, and also to create the background. Let's get started. 


Using a piece of watercolor paper I painted on the blue stripes for the background. I used a 1 in flat watercolor brush and 3 different shades blue Tombow Markers. Using the #493 Reflex Blue marker for the first stripe then mixing in a bit of #452 Process Blue for the second stripe. For the fourth stripe I used a darker color of blue, #565 Deep Blue and the Process Blue. The last is just the #565 Deep Blue. 

I cut down the watercolor stripe piece with the third to largest Art Impressions Rectangle double stitch die, once the paper was dry. Using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink I stamped the Coolest Friends image on to watercolor paper and heat embossed the image with clear embossing ink. I'll have the list of markers I used down below. Then fussy cut the image out.


I had some fun with the little accessory stamps in this set. Using the two different sized snowflakes on the Simon Says Stamp Fog card stock with coordinating Fog Ink. I also stamped a sentiment and the trio of small snowflakes with a Gina K. Designs Blue Denim ink. I have a habit of adding multiple sentiments to a card, especially Art Impressions sentiments. They are just so cute and funny. So I stamped another sentiment on to black cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I did die cut that sentiment with the double end flag die from the Tag Double Stitch die set. Perfect pairing!

Here is the first one I made using the Coolest Friends set. Same techniques, except I watercolored the stripes onto Fog Cardstock and used less markers to watercolor the image in.


Tombow Markers Used: (First Card Photo)
Skin Tone- 969, 850 Hair - 837
Carrot Nose - 925
Green - 098, 346
Pink - 743, 865
White - 451

(Second Card)
Skin Tone - 850 Hair - 969
Green - 098
Pink - 743
Snow - 553

Stripe Backgrounds 
(same for both)
493
452
565

Thank you so much for joining me today. Happy Stamping!


No comments: