Saturday, April 24, 2021

I Wooly Love These Sheep! An Invisible Slider Card by Janet

Hello friends! Interactive cards are one of my favorite styles. The new Sheep Set has many different characters and I couldn't resist making a slider card with it. I used the sign, present and balloon images from the Holiday Mansion Birthday Set #5097 to set this animal party scene as well.

Below is the card in the resting position. There is a "herd" of four sheep and a lamb. Clearly these sheep are partying down! Don't you just love their expressions. The one with the crown and red shoes just makes me laugh. She really thinks she's all that doesn't she?

Next is the card with the interactive tab pulled. Now we see the sweet lamb completely and an "unbaa-lievable" sentiment below. I love that this has a little surprise message that you never know is there until the tab is pulled. 

Notice also that there is no slider slot to be seen. This style is called the invisible slider card. There is  a slider slot involved but it's behind the dark green grass panel. There is a simple slider mechanism that comes up behind the dark green panel and folds down. It is attached to the middle sheep but you can't see it. This gives the illusion that the moving sheep are floating across the card when the tab is pulled. 

Other than a slider slot die, I made the tab and mechanism without special dies. Some companies sell a set to make this style but really it's several simple pieces you can make yourself. Even the slider slot is fairly simple to make using a craft knife and a ruler. I used to do that until I knew I wanted to make slider cards regularly.  

There is a complete tutorial showing how to make an invisible slider card using the new Sheep Set on my channel. I invite you to stop by and see how I put this together.


The new sheep set has so much personality and so many punny sentiments, you really need to check it out at the store. It's super fun and guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone's faces. It's also pretty easy to color these sheep. I used three different COPIC blends for them so they would stand out from each other but you could easily use the same blend if you wanted.
SHEEP COLOR BLENDS:
Cool Gray Blend: C1, C3, C5, Colorless Blender
Warm Gray Blend: W1, W3, W5, Colorless Blender
Bluish Gray Blend: B60, BV31, BV23

Thanks for spending a few minutes of your Saturday here at the Ai blog. Enjoy your weekend!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬