Monday, May 10, 2021

Light Up Submarine by Bri Firth

Hello Ai Fans - Bri here! Today, I am sharing a light up card for the Under the Sea challenge! This card features the new Submarine Cubbies stamp set which is part of the Critter Cubbies collection. Keep reading below for details on how I made this light up creation. This card is featured on my personal blog today, check it out here


I used a piece of A2 sized pattern paper to create the vibrant under water background. To create the sandy flooring, I die cut a stitched hillside from kraft cardstock and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I used the same ink to create the sandy look (splatter effect) on the sea floor. I used my Copic markers to color the submarine and the aquatic creatures. I used a white colored pencil to add the highlights to the submarine. To finish the card I stamped the sentiment "swimming by to say hi" onto a sentiment strip and attached it to the card front with liquid adhesive.

I used Pear Blossom Press EZ-Lights to create the light up mechanism for the submarine windows. I die cut the windows and attached blue vellum to the interior to hide the lights. I used glue dots to position the lights and then used double layered foam tape to attach the card front to the card base. I positioned the battery holder at the bottom of the card so that the battery could be easily replaced. Check out the video below that shows off the light up feature!


Check out the light up video below:

Check back next week for more Ai inspiration made by me!

No comments: