Saturday, June 19, 2021

Happy Camper Beach Bums by Janet Axtman

 

My family enjoys camping and we get out pretty regularly with our travel trailer. We live within a few miles of the beach and beach camping is the best camping in our book! When I saw the Happy Trails Set, I knew I had to have it because it mimics our own life so much.

For this card, I stamped most of the images in the set. There is a cute balloon and light string that I didn't use. There are six sentiments such as Home is Where You Park It, Happy Trails, Happy Retirement, Happy Camper and more. I thought the sentiment I chose was perfect for this very relaxed and happy couple.  

I colored the images with Karen markers. For most of the images, I chose one color and used water to blend and create shading. You can get similar results from a water brush or the Karin Blender Marker. I prefer the control I get with a small round brush. After coloring them, I cut them out with the Brother Scan N Cut.

The sand is a piece of torn gold metallic cardstock. An aqua metallic cardstock was used for the sky. Bordering the main panel are bright blue and hot pink mats. The 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 slimline card base is made of lime green.  

I used many neon colors on this card. Have you noticed that neon is making a comeback? It's a lot of fun for summer cards. What cards are you making with a summer theme? There's plenty of great sets to be found at the Ai Store.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments: