Saturday, September 11, 2021

Simon Says Stamp - Stamptember 2021 - Hug in a Mug by Janet

 

Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by today. If you've been following along this week, you know that Ai had another super smash success with this year's Simon Says Stamp Stamptember exclusive set called Hug In a Mug. The Design Team had a lot of fun with this set and you can see many of their creations in the Blog and Instagram Feed. As expected, the set has sold out. For those lucky enough to nab it, I hope I can provide a little inspiration so you create something as soon as it arrives! 

This set has several adorable sentiments but the one that I used at the bottom of this card makes me laugh out loud! I used Copic markers and sketched in the sidewalk to set the scene. The grass in the back is the Ai Water Coloring Foliage Set 1. I try to remember to use this set for grass sprigs because there are two grass stamps in it that look organic but are much nicer than I can do myself. 

I decorated the blue sweater with white gel pen hearts. On the pink sweater, I tried to create a look of bulky knitting. I wanted the scarf and hat to be bulky and fuzzy with several pink and white yarn strands. It was easy to do by flicking and dabbing several pinks and leaving some of the area white. Rather than create a full sky background, I highlighted the figures with a narrow halo of light blue. 


I used the Rectangle Double Stitched Die set to create two mats in copper and pink shimmer cardstock. They are mounted on a dark brown 5' x 7' card base which gave me the room I needed to put the main sentiment at the bottom on vellum. The sentiment was cut using a die from the Flag Double Stitched Dies. I have to say that I use this set absolutely constantly. It's a must have for any card maker. 

If you picked up this set, you can play in the Shaken, Not Stirred Challenge that runs through Thursday next week. If not, you can post anything with a drink included. We love seeing what you make!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments: