Saturday, February 12, 2022

Critter Love by Janet

Hello Art Impression fans! It's Janet here showing off two of the four adorable animals in the 5219-Loveable Animals set. I usually prefer to use Copic markers for coloring but this time I decided to pull out my pencils and give it a whirl. One of the fun features of this set is that there are several items that you can color and put in the hands of the critters. I decided to give the fox a heart. The dies are all included in this set including the heart. I used my white Gelly Roll pen to draw stitch marks and the XOXO letters. I gave the cat a flower to hold.


These cards are small measuring 4 1/4" x 3" when folded. For the background of each I cut a 4" x 4" heart in half. I heat embossed the sentiments form the set using black embossing powder. 


To create the backgrounds, I put stacked two washi tapes together and placed them horizontally about an inch from the bottom. I glued half a heart on each one and then placed the animals using foam tape. I finished decorating the cards by gluing small red glitter hearts above the washi tape. I used the heart die again to cut one pink glitter heart for each card. Just like that, I had two cute little cards for Valentine's Day!


Thanks for stopping by today. Please join us in our new challenge. You might win some swag of your choice and challenge yourself with a new technique. Click on the graphic above to link up your card.


Happy Creating!
Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments: