Saturday, April 23, 2022

A Cozy Garden Welcome by Janet Axtman


Hello Ai Fans! Janet here with a bold take on the new 5512-Front Porch set. This time I paired it with 5486-Front Porch Garden Set

I used every image in the Garden Set here. Images in the front are elevated with foam tape for more dimension. I also put a small bit of foam tape behind the door so it would appear to be opening up. I stamped the sentiment from the Front Porch set on a flag and used the vine in the Garden set to decorate it. 

The background of this card was created with Tim Holtz Texture Paste and a brick stencil. The key to achieving the weathered brick effect is use gray cardstock rather than white. The gray peaks through the paste and creates a realistic painted brick look.  

I hope you're enjoying the new Front Porch series. It has soooo much versatility since you can mix and match the sets. The images are also great just on their own. I am especially fond of the boots and the watering can in the Garden set.

Thanks for joining me today for a walk in the garden.

Have yourself a crafty weekend!
Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments: