Saturday, April 30, 2022

Born to Ride in the USA! by Janet Axtman


I know there are a lot of motorcycle fans out there or you have family and friends who love to ride. You might be surprised to know that Art Impressions has a fantastic set that includes great motorcycle images for the special people in your life who are, "Born to ride!" 

5044 Born to Ride includes this awesome motorcycle dude and it also has a sidecar complete with a lady rider. It's so adorable! It that wasn't enough, there is also a very cute riding lawn mower image with another guy and a whole bunch of sentiments to go along with these images. 

I created this scene by using the 5463 Slimline Die Set to cut a white panel out of alcohol ink friendly paper. I stamped the rider 1/3 away up from the bottom of the card and then I used a C9 Cool Gray Copic Sketch marker to draw and fill in the winding road. Then I used the small and large grass stamps from the 4051 Water Color Foliage Set 1 and several colors of green ink to fill in the areas on each side of the road. It was very easy to make this scene and I think it has a sketched look that fits well with the rider.


I colored the rider with Copic markers and then I heat embossed two of the sentiments from the set on white cardstock. I used a punch to cut out the oval shapes and attached them to the card. I added Glossy Accents to the headlight and his sunglasses for a little extra shine. The final touch was to use a fine tip black marker to sketch USA on his bandana.

Thanks for joining me today for a ride on the wild side!

Have yourself a crafty weekend!
Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

1 comment:

Jennifrann said...

Yes! I have it and I love it and I love what you did with him here!