Saturday, June 18, 2022

Watercolor Weekend 6-18-2022

 Hello Ai fans!

It's a Watercolor Weekend and we have some amazing cards
from our fabulous WC Design Team!

In 4 days, summer officially begins in the United States and our designers are embracing that!

Karen and Tricia created tropical themed cards and Dot has a gorgeous, summer farm themed card.

Check them out!  You won't be disappointed!

We're starting off with Tricia this week.

Welcome back watercolor fans!  I decided to try something a little bit different this weekend.  I wrote my “How-To” while I was creating.  I decided to leave it organic and not proofread and change anything.  Here goes, this is a Father’s Day card for my husband.


I cut a mask with my masking paper and the stitched rectangle die.  I laid it over my watercolor paper (the negative not the circle.  I will save the circle mask for another project.

I inked the small cliffs with 969, 177 and 569.  Next, I inked the big and small trees from the palm tree set. I stamped the large one on an angle and then the smaller one on a little more of an angle.  Using the medium palm stamps I inked them with 177 and stamped them on either side of the tree.

Next, I inked the medium lighthouse with the rocks, stamped it off, and stamped it to the right of the trees, a little higher to create the illusion of distance. Next, I inked the boats from the bait shop set with 969 and stamped them towards the bottom of the oval. 

To create the palms, I used the medium and small palms from the palm tree set inked with 177. 

Pull the color out of the lines.

I started with the lighthouse. It’s the first layer so I went really light and just pulled some darker areas out

Next, I worked on the small cliff.  I started with the rocks, keeping it really light.  Next the sand going into the water. I pull color from the top near the grass down towards to water, leaving lots of white space.  You can always add more color. Next, I pull color out of the grass.

Boats and Palm Trees

I decided to add the water before I add more color.  I want to try to keep it light..ha ha here goes.

I am starting with 451, again keeping it light. I added it around the lighthouse, between the trees and around the land and boats.  Next, I used 025 (yellow) to add some clouds and color to the sky and then to the water.  I kept this really light.

I added some 177 from my palette to the hill behind the palm trees.  With the water dry, it was easy to picture where the hill would be.

Next, I added 865, 685 and 373 to the sky and water. I added some additional color to all the elements and then my light watercolor went a little deeper (oh well, I still like it).  To brighten some of the reflections, I added some white gel pen.  I signed and dated it.

I removed the mask, cut it down, mounted it to a Gina K Designs card stock mat and adhered it to the card base.


Hello Ai Watercolour Fans!

I came across a fun, brightly coloured illustration that inspired today's card (you can see my inspiration here!)  It took me out of my comfort zone, using more orange and purple in today's card than I normally would.



I coloured my image from 5121 - WC Garden Shed Set in #969/565 and stamped it in the middle of my Canson XL Watercolor Paper.  Using my stamp positioner, I added the small boat from5057 - WC Boat Set and the trunk of the tree from 5120 - WC Palm Tree Set coloured in #623.  I sketched in the shoreline with #992, and used the small sprig in 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set to add the shrubbery in #126/177/993.  A wash of #443 was added to the sky, and painted in as the water.  Using all of the fronds in the Palm Tree set, I coloured them in #993/126/177, then used a damp brush to blend the colours.  I used my #933 marker directly on the paper to add the oranges that suggest coconuts, and darkened it further with my Chocolate Twintone marker.  #373 was painted on the hut, with #993/933 for the trim.  Flowering shrubs were added around the hut in #623/676/725, and $565 was painted on the boat and added as shadows throughout the scene.  I darkened up the water and sand with several colours, and used the grass from5372 - WC Mini Foliage in #177


The sentiment is from the Exclusive Daisy Set.  I used my sewing machine to stitch the panel to some contrasting cardstock, and mounted it onto my blue base with 3D foam adhesive.  The finished card is 5 1/2" square.

Hello,
It's time for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend and I decided to make a farm scene. I love a red barn but decided to go with a pretty aqua color for a change. I used to live in Kansas and this reminds me of it.

If you want to make this scene, start by stamping the 5377 Fenced Scene inked in both colors of Tombow markers 969 and 565 in that order then stamp it off before stamping your watercolor paper. Next stamp the chickens from the 4207 Feathers inked in 969. Stamp the barn from the 5371 Barn Set inked in both 969 and 565. Stamp the trees in from the 5372 inked in 969 and the tops of the trees from that same set inked in 177 and 173. Stamp the bushes from the 5372 Mini Foliage set inked in 177. Stamp the cow from the barn set inked in N25. Use Dr. PH Martin's bleed proof white to color parts of the cow and darken the black spots with your Number 1 brush using N25. Stamp the fence from the barn set inked in 969. Color the barn with 379 and darken the windows with the fine tip of the blue Twin Tone pen. Darken the tree trunks with the fine tip of the brown TwinTone pen. Color the road with some 969 and 565. Color the hills with 173 and 177. Stamp the grass from the 4051 Foliage Set 1 with 177. Then use the smaller grass from the Mini Foliage set for the grass by the barn. Color the chickens with 885, 949, 026, 993, 565 and 969. Stamp the tallest grass in front from the 5126 Foliage Set 4 inked in 177 and the tips in 565. Stamp the windmill from the Barn Set inked in both 969 and 565. Use 565 to make shadows. Color the sky with 526. Cut it out with the 5063 Double Stitched Dies.





From all of us at Art Impressions we'd like to wish you a happy and safe Father's Day.  Enjoy your weekend and happy crafting!

No comments: