Thursday, July 7, 2022

Christmas in July Series--From our Family to Yours by Mercy Sauer

 Welcome to July crafty friends, I am so excited for the projects this month. For the entire month I will be featuring and showcasing some of the Ai Christmas sets....

This is Mercy and welcome to my Christmas in July Series! 


This week I'm featuring one of my favorites, The Chubby Snowmen Set 5351 





I love creating my own shadow boxes since I can customize them to any size. In this case, this card will collapse to create a regular size A2 card. 


When creating a custom element, I like to assemble the “main” piece and write down the details and dimensions on the back, for reference.


Here’s my shadowbox prototype that I regularly use.

The dimensions for the A2 size are as follows (sorry for my messy notes...this is what I use!) 


At this point I assembled my box (you can find many YouTube videos for more instructions). I used “acetate picks” to hold up the elements and to make them look as if they were floating.


And just like that, after a bit of cutting, lots of coloring, die cutting, and ink blending you have a super cute card. It does take a bit more time but the final product is totaling worth the extra effort! 



Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays in July! 



4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love your shadow box scene, Mercy!

Kreativestamping said...

;)) thx

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely love your shadow box card, Mercy! Beautiful!!

Kreativestamping said...

Thx Sharon