Thursday, July 7, 2022

Perfect Plaid Challenge #331

 Hello Ai fans!

It's Thursday so it's time for a new challenge and to announce our winners from the last challenge.

Our new challenge is Perfect Plaid and we'll get to that in a little bit.


First, let's introduce our winners from our Zoo Crew challenge.

For our Top Spot we chose Dori M. for her adorable 4985 – Elephant Twist Ties baby card.

Grab our badge to display on your blog or social media.


Congratulations and please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com

to claim a free stamp set of your choice!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Lucky Random Winner is Cecilia W.


She used 5283 – Frog Set and 5001 – Whisk It Set

Congratulations and please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com

to claim a free stamp set of your choice!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, onto our new challenge and our featured artist, Nina.
She took our plaid challenge,  ran with it,  and we LOVE it!!

Show us your fabulous cards Nina!



 Hello Ai friends.. today I have two fun projects to share to get our new "Perfect Plaid" Ai Challenge  started.


I created this cute slimline card using the funny set called "Housework Set". I stamped my images using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with my Copic markers. I also used the pots images from Front Porch Series - Farmhouse. Also stamped and Copic colored.

I re-stamped the gloves, the dress and the big pot on a plaid pattern paper and used small scissors to cut them out and glued them on my image.


( Check my new "BEE INSPIRED" badge from Art Impressions in the photos, isn't it the cutest!)

So then.. I cut all the images with their matching dies included with the set and backed them with foam tape.

To create the floor I cut a strip of about 1 and a half inch by about 8 inch and colored it with Copic browns that I used to color for image.


I then cut a plaid paper and glued it to the top part of the background. And placed my images on top to create the cute scene. For more interest I placed a Slimline Die from the Stitched Slimline Dies on my background before I attached the elements and ran it through my die cutting machine. 

I stamped the funny sentiment from the set on a separate white paper and die cut around it with an oval stitched die and then attached it to my scene using a strip of thick foam tape.



For another fun idea to our new challenge, I created another circle card using the new Spring release set "Friends Forever" set that has these happy girlfriends.


Also stamped the big image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I die cut a stitched circle from two plaid patterned paper, green and blue. I used the blue for the background sky and the green I ran it through my die cutting machine with a grass border die.

I attached the image to the background with foam tape.






Nina, your cards are fantastic and provided a bunch of challenge inspiration!
We appreciate your artistic talents!

Now for our challenge rules...create any handmade project that has plaid.
It can be plaid paper, hand drawn plaid, plaid ribbon, cloth etc.
Show us what you've got!


✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
 ✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Nina I love both of your cards!! The housework one definitely made me chuckle and who doesn't love the Girlfriends!! Congrats to Dori and Cecilia!

Nina said...

Thank you Sharon, so glad you like them.. the sets are so inspiring.. so excited for this challenge 😍😍

Regina (Tina) Kahles said...

I love your cards Nina, they are so cute! The coloring is great, I really need to use my copics more, the colors are so vibrant. Thanks for sharing them!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work DT

Hunky Dory said...

Thank you for the win! I was soooo excited to see my card! Thank you again!

Nina said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments it made my day :)
Congratulations Hunky Dory :)