Thursday, July 7, 2022

Christmas in July Series--What Plaid? by Mercy Sauer

Our first Challenge in July, all about Plaid!

This is Mercy and welcome back to my Christmas in July Series! 


Once again I am using the The Chubby Snowmen Set 5351 



I love plaid, but sometimes it is challenging to combine with my critters without it looking overworked or too busy.    I created my own plaid since I didn't have a die and didn't want to use printed paper,
(next time I will purchase the die, weaving is not my thing).  

I colored and die cut the snowmen and realized I did not like how it looked combined with the pattern.  So, instead I decided to create an infinity shaker card with vellum.   I loved the results.
The plaid and shaker elements are subtle but very much part of the design.   

It's a simple card, a bit of plaid, lots of interactive, fun, warm and pretty cute!


Like always, I enjoy your creations, please post them! See you next week.
 



 

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute Mercy! I really like how you made the plaid so subtle!!

Kreativestamping said...

thx