Saturday, July 23, 2022

Fun Foam Gift Card Holders by Janet

Hi Ai fans! As I do every July, my mind turns to the upcoming Christmas season. This week I decided to make some cute gift card holders. I thought I would try making them out of foam. I'm so glad I gave it a try! 

The base of these gift card holders are the 5344 Envelope GHC Set. You can make any of the gift card designs using this set. There are separate sets that can be used to decorate this envelope. There are no stamps with these sets but there are tags and other fun shapes you could add to further decorate the gift card holders. I've made these before with paper and they turn out well. I recently picked up a large stack of various colored foam and I thought I would use the foam and see how they would turn out. I couldn't have been happier!

To make these, I cut pieces in the foam that would fit the dies that needed to be cut. Before I cut them, I backed the foam with wide double-sided foam tape. Once cut this made it very easy and quick to put them together. The dies were able to cut through the foam. If you're machine doesn't cut all the way through, try running it through 3-4 times. I have a Crafters Companion Gemini and it cut the pieces perfectly. 

The snowman was created with 5340 Snowman GCH Set. He sure is a cutie!


Santa is pretty cute too. It was made with 5399 Santa GCH Set.


I think these will be very fun to give and receive. They're so happy and cheerful.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I invite you to check out all the Gift Card Holder sets available in the store. It's such a fun line to work with. 

Wishing you a very crafty weekend!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

These are soooo cute, Janet! What a great idea to use the fun foam for them! Adorable!