Sunday, July 3, 2022

Succulent Mini Critter Pots by Reneé Matarese

 Hello Ai fans!

Today I have the two cards that I made for the Zoo Crew challenge going on right now here on the blog.  Just go to the bar above and click current challenge to be taken to the post and enter your project!

I used two new sets for my cards and two other sets for my sentiments.

The images are from 5519 – WC Mini Critter Pots and 5528 – Desert Succulent Set.



I'm a little worried that my cactus in the dog planter look a little like cucumbers but oh well...lol!
I used a brick embossing folder because I wanted a sort of Bojo exposed brick vibe with open shelving. 
I used my 2.0 MM Molotow Marker and my 4.0 MM Molotow Marker to make the dots on the owl and frog.  I put the liquid down, let it dry, colored my markers over the dots and then used my white eraser to rub them off.


Hello Friend is from 5444 – MB Garden and was cut using 5132 – Tag Stitched Dies.
There's still time to enter the challenge.



These little pots and plants were so fun to color.  I used my Brother Scan and Cut to cut all the little shapes out so that I didn't need to fussy cut them. They're actually a watercolor set so no cutting necessary if you prefer to WC.

My second card was for our daughter's birthday.  She loves succulents and also loves her Crocs so I added a pair from a retired set.  The Always Among the Blooms verse on her card is from 5028 – Potting Shed MTF.



Markers used:
Le Pen technical drawing pen 0.05
Marvy no. 5 Yellow
Tombow 228 and 992
Copics:
V0000, V01, V06. RV55, B34, W00, W3, C1, C3,
G14, G20, G21, G6, G82, E31, E41, E59, E74, E99

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

Renee this card is fantastic! I love how you created the open shelving look on the brick wall! VERY creative and they are adorable!!!