Thursday, September 1, 2022

Front Porch Harvest by Mercy Sauer

 Hi friends, Mercy here, introducing a brand new set from Ai,

5492 – Front Porch Harvest Set

Another great add on to the Front Door series 

Let's see it! 


Similarly to my previously posted Halloween card, I challenged myself to create a completely different look for the door. I played around for quite a while deciding what to keep and what to remove. 
Folks, this is not for crafters on a schedule!


My first step was to stamp the door and cut out the top window and create a more casual looking door and not as colonial. 



I tried a few iterations, ultimately deciding on the simpler design (above).



At this point I decided to remove the front entry floor and added stairs. I drew in a roof line and adhered printed paper for the front wall and roof.   Once again I played around with the door design and went back to the simpler design, and finally trimmed the card panel.


At this point, I was ready for stamping, die cutting and lots of coloring, a complete makeover! 



What do you think? doesn’t it look totally different. Awesome set, I can’t wait to create a Christmas entryway.... probably next month. 

Thank you once again for coming back, I will see you next week! 


No comments: