Saturday, November 5, 2022

Sporting My Christmas Blues by Janet


Happy Saturday friends! I hope you're finding some crafty time this weekend to do a little holiday crafting, whether it be Thanksgiving or Christmas. Gone are the cute little ghouls and spiders and bats. On to pretty, peaceful, or cute. I'm ready!


As it happens, I've been thinking about outside Christmas decorating. My husband and I decided to put up our decorations the week of Thanksgiving this year to get a head start. So when I turned to making a card today, I naturally thought of the Front Porch Line. Usually, I'm a traditional red, green and white girl but when you're cardmaking, you can do any colors you like! So I decided to try an all-blue theme. I really love how it turned out.


To begin this one, I first cut out a 50662 - Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched die out of Copic-friendly cardstock and stamped it with the main image from the 5512 - Front Porch Set. Next, I colored the door scene very simply using light grays and blues. Finally, on the stoop, I used some lighter warm brown tones. It looks dark but only because the blues are so soft. 


Next, I stamped most of the images from the 5489 - Front Porch Christmas Set and colored the images with blue tones. I wasn't sure if there was such a thing as blue Poinsettias, but according to Google there are, and they looked beautiful! So blue Poinsettias it is for my porch. Next, I cut open the door and slipped the tree image behind so that the tree with its blue lights shows when it is fully opened. You can see a peak of the tree in this photo. 


To act as a mat, I used the largest 5062 - Rounded Rectangle Double Stitched Die, and finally, I cut a snow-inspired mat out of graduated blues and a bit of pink. The finished panel is glued to a white A2 card base. I used the 5566 - Christmas Sentiments Set on light blue cardstock and cut it out with a flag die from the 5543 - Journal Template Die Set


I love how this card's blue colors give the card a calm and serene look. I don't have any snow images on this, and yet it feels wintery just the same. 


Thanks for stopping by today for a little creative fun. Be sure to visit the Ai Store for lots of additional inspiration.

Wishing you a very crafty day!

Janet Facebook Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest 

No comments: