Thursday, January 12, 2023

FREEBIES JOURNAL SERIES PAGES 5 & 6 by Mercy Sauer

 Hello crafters, Mercy here, today with pages 5 and 6 of my Freebies Journal Series.  

Let’s check it out!


I just celebrated my wedding anniversary, and even though I created a cute card for my hubby, I was still inspired by the lovely weekend.    

Pages 5 and 6 are about two best friends who fall in love. 

I chose the elements I wanted to use; the critters, stamps, dies, color scheme and cardstock.   At this point, I decided the goose (one of my favorite critters!) would take center stage in the scene, and the raccoon (my husband's favorite) would be the supporting character.




These two pages are very different, however, I think they work together.   To create a cohesive design I used the same colors and style of coloring on both pages.   For example, I included a  tied bow on page 5 to incorporate the green color from page 6.   The cardstock is the same on both pages, and finally, the yellow from the goose is the same yellow I used on the raccoon's outfit.  When it comes to scale, as seen on the scene, the goose is about have the size of the tree.    This makes no sense.   To overcome this problem, I stamped the goose way in the foreground, making it visually "acceptable".   If I placed the goose next to the tree or the background hedges, he would look gigantic.   It's a small scene, but the same rules apply!


I'm having a super fun time creating this journal, I will have pages 7 through 11 next week, I hope to see you then!


 

No comments: