Thursday, February 16, 2023

Birthday Journal Set and other NEW RELEASES! by Mercy Sauer

 Welcome back Ai Crafters, Mercy here with two new cards!...let's take a look!


I love this card, a bit different from what I typically create, and just as fun to design and bring to life.   I love challenges inside or outside my comfort zone!   
This card not only features the Birthday Journal Set but also the Journal Cover Plate and Bookmark set...
 a small card packed with new products!    

I used Copic color combinations that are new to me, the main one being the E80 family, very pretty pinks.   I also separated the planter seen on the left from the gift tower on the right.  Another easy way to modify stamp sets and get more for your investment.   Finally, the balloons.   This week they are topiaries, they are perfect.   


I used foam tape to give the card extra interest and used the sentiment to ground the elements.    However, my favorite detail is the attached bookmark which the recipient gets to enjoy time and time again.    The card that keeps on giving!   The scalloped cover plate is  charming and perfect for the card style.    The perfect ribbon to complement the green color on the topiaries completed the card.

In the second card I used the  new nestled square dies.  Let's see,


I kept the squares together and die cut  multiple color and texture cardstock.   I left the center square open to create a simple shaker window and finally added  a pop up element as a sentiment which added a fun touch.   I have lots of extra square frames to be used on other cards.

 
I hope to have given you inspiration this week, playing with these amazing new sets, until next time
Have a great week!