Thursday, February 16, 2023

Bloom Where You're Planted Challenge by Mercy Sauer

Hello friends, Mercy here with another fun challenge, Bloom Where You’re Planted!  I created a super fun and cute scene with a large tree surrounded by critters and flowers,  let’s take a look!




I cut two panels, the left and right panels.  The panel dimensions are up to the card size you are creating, in this case, it's a mini slimline (3 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches).   I cut the left panel 1/4 inch wider than the desired card width and about half way in height (it depends on the scene).  I used the additional 1/4 in on the left panel to adhere to the back of the right side panel.

(front assembly)

(back assembly)


I used very strong double sided tape to hold down the tab (or excess cardstock) and used liquid glue on the remaining of the panel.    I proceeded to adhere another panel over the right panel to hide the back assembly and creating a seamless and clean look.

From here on it was all about coloring, die cutting and final assembly.   I chose to incorporate the front panel to the overall design so it appears as one when the card is closed.    Once the card is opened, the inside scene stands on its own without the front (left panel) panel.


Super cute and fun design, coloring does take a while, but as you know, I love spending my time coloring, especially cute critters.

Until next time,
 

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Mercy, this card is just jaw dropping gorgeous! You create such amazing scenic cards! Remarkable!

Kreativestamping said...

Thank you Sharon....you are too sweet!