Thursday, February 16, 2023

Bloom Where You're Planted Challenge #345

 Hello Ai fans!

It's time for a brand new challenge here on the Art Impressions blog.  Although we still have possibly quite a bit of winter where I am, we know it's beginning to warm up where some of you are.  The rest of us will just have to live vicariously through your photos.  For now we'll have to settle for a spring themed challenge.

Bloom Where You're Planted



We want to see your cards or handmade crafty projects using flowers, plants and trees!

No particular theme.  Just feature flowers and foliage.

Before we look at our featured artist Nina's project let's announce the winner of our last challenge.

The Top Spot for our You're My Everything challenge went to...
Stamping Vicki for her 4 Valentines using 5219 – Lovable Animals Set.




Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com

to claim a free stamp set of your choice!
Also, be sure to grab our badge to display on your blog, Facebook or Instagram!


Now for our Lucky, Lucky Random Winner!

The random number generator selected Sandi Hugget.

She used 4900 – Reel Great Guys Set.







Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim a free stamp set of your choice!

Also, be sure to grab our badge to display on your blog, Facebook or Instagram!


Now let's take a look at the amazing projectS Nina created for our challenge!

 Hello Ai fans, Nina here and I am excited to be with you today to share my creations for our new challenege Bloom Where You're Planted. For my first card I used my favorite set Llama Set.



I stamped the Llama and the little cacti cluster four times using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and my Mini Mist. I colored them using my Copic Markers.

Copic Shades:

Yellow: Y08 Y06

Red: R29

Brown: E99 YR24

Greens: G09 G14 YG67 YG25 YG23

I then used my scissors to cut around all the images and backed them with different thicknesses of foam tape to give this variety of dimension.

I cut a white panel and die cut a circle in the middle and used foam tape to attach it to a very dark green panel. I then started attaching my Llama and other cactus clusters. I placed the whole panel on a light olive green panel. I then decorated with enamel dots.


I also created another card using the beautiful Friends forever Set. 


I again stamped the lovely image of the girls on a Bristol smooth white paper using my Memento Tuxedo Black and my Mini Misti. I also stamped my sentiment from the same set and die cut the panel with square stitched does.

I colored them with Copic markers as well as Spectrum Noir Markers. My color palette came from the floral pattern of a paper from the new Valentine's paper pack. I will create my background from that paper by the end.

Copic Shades:

Browns: E29 E27 E25

Greys: C2 C1

Red Brown: E19 E07

Yellow Brown: E99 YR24

Spectrum Noir Shades:

Greens: VB2 VB5

Pink: AP1 AP3

Skin: FS4 FS5

I layered underneath the white panel, pinks and the pattern paper from the Valentine's paper pack release.


I hope you enjoyed my projects and can't wait to see your creations for this challenges.




Thank you Nina for your wonderful inspiration!
Adorable cards.

We can't wait to see what YOU enter in our challenge!
Any handmade craft with flowers, foliage or trees will do.


If you'd like to join in our challenge be sure to link your project below...

✻ Please make a new card or handmade crafty creation. You can make any item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
 ✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Congrats to the winners! What amazing and gorgeous projects!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

A big congrats to the winners! Nina both of your cards are gorgeous! That Llama card is out of this world awesome! And of course I always love the Girlfriends! Beautiful work!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great winning projects and challenge inspiration from Nina, thanks! XOX