Thursday, March 9, 2023

Froggy Birthday Celebration by Mercy Sauer

 Welcome Ai friends, this is Mercy, today with a slim line card with a whole big frog family celebrating a birthday.    Let's take a look,

I love this set, it's so fun.   I tried two different techniques in this card.  I wanted to add multiple elements without masking.   I partially stamped the frog in the flower not including the stem.   I did not have to mask since it didn't overlap with any other element.   Once I stamped, I extended the stem using a .01 Micron pen thus creating the effect without masking.   The frog in the foreground, once again, did not touch any other element so masking was not necessary.

The other technique is not noticable in the picture.   Once I completed all of the coloring using Copics, I sprayed the entire card with a light mist of alcohol.   It did create a bit of texture but it also softened the overall look,   I don't think I would try this again.

I hope you get inspired to try new things, at the end of the day, it's just paper and some color.      Until next time, have a great week.


2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Such a cute card, Mercy! Beautiful coloring and design!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fun techniques and great coloring, xoxo