Thursday, April 27, 2023

Dreams (Fence In Challenge) by Mercy Saure

Do you dream in color?  I try to remember and then I don't!   I started my day trying to remember my dream from the previous night and whether or not it was in color.  Well, to no surprise, I couldn't remember. However, it inspired me to create this card.   I thought, well, a good dream is a good dream, whether it's in color or not.   This card represents those dreams.   

I opted to use neutral Copic colors in the T, W, and N families (love them all!) with a splash of color. I chose yellow for the accent (or splash) color: a feel good, happy color!

I saw online a card with a complete see-thru window and thought this card would be perfect to give it a try.  Before we start with any instructions on how to create this card, let's take a look. (Please excuse the picture, the background is completely white but I couldn't photograph it correctly)



Here are the instructions:

Using the Ai fence die, I cut two matching openings on my 80 lb A2 blank card assembly.  
 


I adhered a clear acetate panel on each opening.


I created two additional panels to adhere on the front and back card panels to hide the acetate trim and adhesive.  I embossed the front panel.    I die cut multiples of the fence die and glued together to accentuate the fence feature on the front panel.  

Finally, I adhered the little boy onto the back of the fence die cut on the front panel.

I also added the fence die cut to the inside and back panels of the card to cover up the adhesive.


Finally I added the perfect sentiment!  All done!

That is all friends.  Wishing you all happy crafty dreams, color or not.
We'll chat again next week on Thursday!


No comments: