Saturday, May 20, 2023

It's a Love Thing - Retracting Reveal Card by Janet


 Hi everyone! It's Janet here and I have a retracting reveal card for you today. I really enjoy creating interactive cards. Engineering the elements to pop up, lift and move is very satisfying! I have used a fan favorite set, 4752-Love Thing Set. All the patterned paper is from the 5741-Valentines Paper Pack. After coloring, I cut the image out using the largest square die from the 5061-Square Double Stitched Dies

This card starts flat as shown below. You'd never know it holds several interactive surprises from its unassuming starting position. 


 When the strings are pulled at the top, the front retracts to reveal a hidden message. My hearts are cut from the 5721-Nested Heart Dies Set. I cut a heart in the white card base and cut another out in red cardstock. Then I filled the negative space by inlaying the red heart. This way I could add color and a shape to the hidden message without creating another layer of cardstock that would catch on the sliding mechanism. I heat embossed the set's sentiment with white embossing powder before I inlaid it into the card base. I used the smallest heart in the die set to decorate the bottom of the card.


Pulling the strings lifts up the cute couple so that it stands and takes center stage. But that's not all! When the string is pulled, it reveals another message on the tag as it's pulled out. This sentiment is from 4999-Perfect Duet. This is also where I would write my message to the recipient. There's plenty of room since the tag will pull out an additional 1 1/2". Tip: If you don't want the ink from the colored image to show as it does on mine, sandwich another piece of white cardstock behind it before gluing it to the lift-up mechanism.


I hope you enjoyed seeing this card. If you would like to learn how to make this style of card, leave a comment. If there's enough interest, I'll do a video tutorial on it. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store soon for all your card making needs. 

Wishing you a very crafty day!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

3 comments:

Deb H. said...

A perfect anniversary card and gift holder. I am going to have to look at your card more closely to see how it is made.

Marianne Dallmann said...

Please do a video of how to make this card. it's so cute.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh wow, this is a super cool card, Janet! Beautiful coloring and love the design! I don't think I've ever seen one like this before.