Sunday, July 23, 2023

Cabin on a lake by Reneé Matarese

 Hello Ai fans!

Did you check out the current challenge here on the blog?



For 20 years my family and I rented cottages on the lake where my husband grew up.  I've spent many hours (and miles and miles) walking around that lake and putting my toes in the water at the end of the dock.  Sadly, everyone we used to rent from sold their cottages and new owners didn't want to rent.  There are other lakes, but they don't have the same meaning as this one did. It's the end of an era.

My card took me back to the summer before COVID which was the last time we rented. (Just a coincidence)



I use the 5726 – Nested Circle Dies to cut a figure 8 shape out of the front panel and then I cut two circles and pieced them together to make a frame for the window.  The sentiments are from 5734 – Friend Sentiment Set.



For the images, I combined three different sets.  I wanted to feel like I was sitting on the dock, watching the sailboats go by and looking at the beautiful cottages across the lake.

4981 – Cabin Circlet MTF
5093 – Dock Circlet MTF
5448 – Sailboat Window Set

You might be thinking,  but Reneé, the Dock Circlet had a cabin in it.  Why did you use the one from the Cabin Circlet?  It's because that one looks much more like the one we used to rent and some others on that lake.



Random fact...it was 5:26 when I glanced at the clock while coloring the sailboat.  Thus, the addition of 526 on the sail.  The ropes/twine were added to give some texture and a bit of a nautical look.


Markers used:
TT Peach Pink
Copics:
N1, T3, E35, E3, E55, YG63, YG67,
 B14, B41, B93, YG00

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous and you make me want to go to the lake, Renee! Your story is awesome and I'm so sad for you that you can't rent there anymore! You never know....maybe one day someone will start renting or you'll decide to buy a cabin there. :)

Deb H. said...

A very nice and unique card. I hope in the future you will be able to stay at the lake. If not hopefully you and your family find a new family tradition for vacationing.